Refuse & Recycle Stevens Disposal
Refuse & Recycle
The City of Waterville has a contract with Stevens Disposal & Recycling. Trash and recycling are both collected on Monday. Please have your materials at the curb by 7:00 a.m.
Holiday Collection Schedule
Stevens Disposal & Recycling observes the following holidays: January 1, Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and December 25 (Christmas Day).
There will be no collection on these holidays. Collections will always be delayed one day if the actual Holiday falls on a Monday, if not the regular schedule is observed. Holiday collection schedule does not apply if the actual holiday is observed on a Saturday or Sunday.
Waste Collection Regulations
If you have any questions regarding the handling or acceptability of an item, please contact Stevens Disposal & Recycling at 1-800-779-0344 or the City Office at 419-878-8100.
- Residents are limited to three (3) bags/containers per week. Each bag/container must weigh 50 lbs. or less.
- Households with excess of 3 bags/containers may purchase extra bag tags for $1.00 at the Municipal Office 25 N. Second St. Hours are 8:00 to 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
- Large, bulky items, such as furniture and appliances are collected the same day as regular trash. *Residents must purchase a bulk item sticker for each item. Large item tags are available for $10.00 at the Municipal Office.
- Appliances – Residents are responsible for the removal of all freon refrigerants form applicable appliances prior to collection by the contractor. A certification label must be affixed to the appliance. This requirement is mandatory by Federal Law.
- Bi-Annual Unlimited Collections: The City of Waterville will have a one-day unlimited clean-up twice per year for residents to dispose of unwanted items. Collections will be curbside and items will not require tags. Residents will be notified prior to the collection of the exact date and time.
Residential curbside recycling is provided through the City’s contract with Stevens Disposal & Recycling. Each Monday Stevens Disposal will pick up recyclables and refuse.
- Recyclables do not need to be sorted.
- Place your recycling bin at the curb away from your refuse.
- Do not use plastic bags or cardboard boxes as recycling containers.
- You can purchase extra bins at the Municipal Building 25 N. Second St.
Recycling Drop-Off Location
The City of Waterville has one recycling drop-off station. The station is located at the Waterville Kroger at 8730 Waterville-Swanton Rd. The station is free and open to all residents 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The following items are accepted:
- #1 & #2 Frosted Plastic Milk Jugs & Bottles
- 2 Liter Plastic Bottles / #1 & #2 Colored Plastic Bottles
- Clear, Brown, & Green Glass Bottles & Jars
- Glossy Magazines
- Bundled Newspapers Only
- Steel (Tin) Cans / Aluminum Beverage Cans
- Brown or White Corrugated Cardboard